- Interdisciplinary Teaching at York
Speaker: Dr Glenn Hurst (Chemistry), Professor Roddy Vann (Physics), Dr Simon Sweeney (Management) and Dr Barry Lee (Philosophy)
Date: 14 October 2019
- Enabling Equal Access to Opportunity in a Research-led Teaching and Learning Environment
Speaker: Matthew Ingram, Office of Philanthropic Partnerships and Alumni, University of York
Summary: Research-led teaching and learning clearly has the potential to offer students the chance to achieve incredible things as part of their studies – it might enable students to place themselves at the forefront of research discourses, to develop as independent and entrepreneurial thinkers, and to challenge the very latest thinking.
Date and Location: Wednesday 3rd October 2018, Room H/G/21
- How can we use games and play to encourage students to become active participants in creative learning?
Speakers: Pen Holland and Katie Smith, Department of Biology, University of York
Date and Location: Thursday 25th October 2018, Room P/T/111
- The Crime Walk Project
Speakers: Maggie O’Neill and Ruth Penfold Mounce, Department of Sociology (Criminology), University of York
Date and Location: Monday 5th November 2018, 12.30 to 14.00, Room H/G/09
- Padlet Workshop
Speakers: Lilian Soon, Educational Adviser, Programme Design and Learning Team and Carmen Álvarez-Mayo, Department of Language and Linguistic Science, University of York
Summary: Aims of the workshop will include, increasing the number of University staff using Padlet and implementing the use of Padlet in the Forum Blog.
Date and Location: Wednesday 5th December 2018, 15.00 – 16.30, Room D/N/056
- Teaching-led research, using teaching activities to drive forward research
Speaker: Anna Bramwell-Dicks, Department of Theatre, Film and Television
Date and Location: Wednesday 30th January 2019, 13.00 – 14.30, Room LMB/025, Campus East
- Group student led research projects: promoting motivation for research methods and self-efficacy for the empirical dissertation
Speaker: Zoe Handley
Date and Location: Monday 30th February 2019, 12.30 – 14.00, Room H/G/21, Campus West
- Development of peer assisted and online learning tools for Life Sciences students
Speaker: Dr Setareh Chong, Biochemistry Programme Leader
Date and Location: Monday 25th February 2019, 12.30 – 14.00, Room H/G/21, Campus West
- Peer Assisted Learning – the first year and the future
Speaker: Tamlyn Ryan and Katy Mann Benn
Date and Location: Tuesday 19th March 2019, 12.30 – 14.00, Room H/G/21, Campus West
- “That won’t work with my students” – the role of evidence in changing practice
Speaker: Professor Tina Overton Director, Leeds Institute of Teaching Excellence
Date and Location: Wednesday 20th March 2019, 12.30 – 14.00, Room C/B/101, Campus West
If you want to find out more please see the website, http://bit.ly/1ECayY8, or if have any suggestions for future workshops, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.