The Autumn and Spring term workshops are now open for registrations. Workshops typically run from 12.30 – 2.00pm. Tea and coffee will be available; please feel free to bring your own lunch.
Autumn Workshops 2018:
- Enabling Equal Access to Opportunity in a Research-led Teaching and Learning Environment
Speaker: Matthew Ingram, Office of Philanthropic Partnerships and Alumni, University of York
Summary: Research-led teaching and learning clearly has the potential to offer students the chance to achieve incredible things as part of their studies – it might enable students to place themselves at the forefront of research discourses, to develop as independent and entrepreneurial thinkers, and to challenge the very latest thinking.
Date and Location: Wednesday 3rd October 2018, Room H/G/21
- How can we use games and play to encourage students to become active participants in creative learning?
Speakers: Pen Holland and Katie Smith, Department of Biology, University of York
Date and Location: Thursday 25th October 2018, Room P/T/111
- The Crime Walk Project
Speakers: Maggie O’Neill and Ruth Penfold Mounce, Department of Sociology (Criminology), University of York
Date and Location: Monday 5th November 2018, 12.30 to 14.00, Room H/G/09
- Padlet Workshop
Speakers: Lilian Soon, Educational Adviser, Programme Design and Learning Team and Carmen Álvarez-Mayo, Department of Language and Linguistic Science, University of York
Summary: Aims of the workshop will include, increasing the number of University staff using Padlet and implementing the use of Padlet in the Forum Blog.
Date and Location: Wednesday 5th December 2018, 15.00 – 16.30, Room D/N/056
Spring Workshops 2018:
- Teaching-led research, using teaching activities to drive forward research
Speaker: Anna Bramwell-Dicks, Department of Theatre, Film and Television
Date and Location: Wednesday 30th January 2018, 13.00 – 14.30, Room LMB/025, Campus East
- Group student led research projects: promoting motivation for research methods and self-efficacy for the empirical dissertation
Speaker: Zoe Handley
Date and Location: Monday 30th February 2018, 12.30 – 14.00, Room H/G/21
- Development of peer assisted and online learning tools for Life Sciences students
Speaker: Dr Setareh Chong, Biochemistry Programme Leader
Date and Location: Monday 25th February 2018, 12.30 – 14.00, Room H/G/21
- Strategic Learning and Teaching Fund project – Peer Assisted Learning – the first year and the future
Speaker: Tamlyn Ryan and Katy Mann Benn
Date and Location: Tuesday 19th March 2018, 12.30 – 14.00, Room H/G/21